Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Where is what?


I love this yearbookyourself.com! It makes me think of my teenage days and all those memories...

I have really been reflective lately...I know, to think of me as a thinker is funny! But sometimes I do and it becomes really scary! I don't remember a whole lotta stuff from my younger years. There are some family things that will always stay with me and memories of stuff that you would like to forget, but I understand the "as-you-get-older-the-years-go-faster" thought! It makes you realize what is truly important in this life.
I am having trouble remembering when Connor was learning to turn over on his tummy! I mean it just flies by so fast! Adria and I were talking the other day and we realized we could hardly remember what it was like to NOT have children! Although beautiful and fun and adventuresome as they are, we try and remember those special times we had in Paris or Vienna or Munich or Szolnok. Wonderful places to be and people to be with! Oh the memories!

David says to us,
"Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath...My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken...O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water...Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands."

Take the time today to learn what is truly important to you. Just sit, relax and while the children are in bed tonight and just listen to God. He is there...your life is fleeting away...BUT He is always with you! Realize that it is Him through your wonderful memories that He is there and He loves you!

No comments: