Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Discipline of Grace...

Okay the 2nd Chapter of this book...
He has discussed self-righteousness in this chapter, see what you think...

"I am patient with you because I love you and want to forgive you.
I am kind to you because I love you and want to help you.
I do not envy your possessions or your gifts because I love you and want you to have the best.
I do not boast about my attainments because I love you and want to hear about yours.
I am not proud because I love you and want to esteem you before myself.
I am not rude becuse I love you and care about your feelings.
I am not self-seeking because I love you and want to meet your needs.
I am not easily angered by you because I love you and want to overlook your offenses.
I do no keep a record of your wrongs because I love you, and 'love covers a multitude of sins'."

Is there any room for self-righteousness in the light of this practical standard of love?

Now think of this one,
"Believers obey Christ as the one by whom our obedience is accepted by God. Believers know all their duties are weak, imperfect and unable to abide in God's presence. Therefore, they look to Christ as the one who bears the iniquity of their holy things, who adds incense to their prayers, gathers out all the weeds from their duties and makes them acceptable to God."

Even our own GOOD performance needs repentance and cleansing!! Even your best stuff is in need of the Grace of God! WOW! Let that sink in for a little while and tell me what you think...

Love ya!

No comments: